Sunday, December 28, 2008
Christmas !!
Christams was a little crazy this year!! Tuesday night my mom called to tell me that her step mom (my grandma) Wasn't doing so good. It seem like every other week she tells me that and when I go to visit her she is doing better, but this time I knew she wouldn't make it past Christmas day. So Wednesday Marcos was going to work only half a day so we could meet in Salt Lake to go visit my grandma for the last time. Just as I had the girls all packed in the car ready to leave I ran in side because I forgot my cell phone. As I entered the house the phone was ringing. It was my cousin calling to tell me Grandma had just died. I called Marcos and he was out doing some secret last minute shopping and was just a block from where my grandma lived. He convinced me to come and say my last goodbyes while I could. So I met him in sandy and he took Kenadie. Yasmin seemed to know what was going on and wanted to say goodbye too. I am Not sure if the whole thing scared her or if she understood. After they took her her body away my mom suggested that we spend Christmas eve together so we could be close during this hard time. So after packing up all the gifts and the clothes we spent Christmas eve and Christmas at my parents house. And with all the snow we stayed another night as well and did some after Christmas shopping on Friday. As you can see by the pictures Kenadie wasn't too interested in opening presents but Yasmin had fun. One thing I learned this Christmas is that we never know how short or long our time is on this earth so we better enjoy the moments we do have and not live with regrets!!!



Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
I'm sorry to hear about your grandma. :( Especially during this time of year, then again what a gift to be given to go to the next life and be with loved ones and feel no pain and just be restful for a while. Still hard for all of us on earth. Glad you did end up going to say goodbye anyway. Love the new background, very cute.
I'm glad you guys had a fun Christmas, I still can't believe all of the snow! That's nice you were able to spend it with family and most importantly that Marcos was back just in time. I'm sorry about your Grandma, that's always rough to get through. Let me know if you need anything! xoxo
Post a Comment