Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Kenadie Update

Yesterday we had an appointment at Primary Children's to talk to Kenadie's doctor about the hormones she will need to help make her grow taller. To our surprise the doctor suggested that we should get started right away on the hormone injections. With Marcos joining the Military our insurance will be changing the day he leaves. They need to call the insurance and pre-approve her medicine with the insurance company due to the cost of it. So as soon as they get that back from the insurance we will start the growth hormone injections. One shot every day for the next 19 years......poor thing I felt so bad for her that I cried in the car after we left. But I guess we should be thankful for modern medicine and that she can be 5 feet tall one day and not 4 feet 5. I told Marcos that she is just going to learn to love needles because at the age of 8 or 9 she starts with the estrogen shots and that she will have to do until she turns 40 or so .

1 comment:

Emily said...

Needles are definitely no fun! You're right though, we should count our blessings that medicine is so advanced and that there are things you can do to help with her growth. What a brave little one she will have to be, it will make her so strong!