Life has been a little crazy lately and I can't say I understand it all but I never understand the way the military does things. The day Marcos left SLC and went back to Washington was a hard day thinking we weren't going to see him until Christmas time. That night after Marcos got back to Washington and he didn't call me at his normal time I was wondering what was going on. He then called me around midnight and explained that the budget for their mission had been cut so they had to cut men from going with them to Iraq. Marcos' job was working with supply with 2 other men. They were one of the first to get cut due to their jobs. They gave them two choices they could go with another unit to Afghanistan but with that they could not be sure what job they would have and most likely they would be trained on the job. Or the second option was they could come home knowing they they are still up to be deployed when the next MI (military intelligence) is deployed. So as we talked about options we decided that this happened for a reason and that for our family now it would be best that he come instead of having a dangerous job on the front lines. I waited to tell the girls knowing that with the military they change their minds so much. When Marcos was at the airport last Thursday early in the morning I broke down and told the girls after Yasmin woke up crying because she missed her dad so much. So we made a little sign and they girls colored it for him. It has been so nice to have him back home. It is a little adjustment for all of us again and i am sure for my parents. We have talked about still renting out our house and build another now they are so much cheaper then later try to tell it but Marcos is still waiting on a job to start and I don't want to move again at least until the baby is born. I know that things happen for a reason I guess we are trying to figure that out and see where are next move should be!
No comments:
Post a Comment