Saturday, June 26, 2010

Daddy's Farewell

This day we have been dreading for months but knew it would come, But in some ways I wanted to get it over with knowing the sooner he left the sooner he will be home! I took  lots of cute pics of him and the girls but we have one camera that works so he had to take it with him. I hope soon he will be able to e-mail me the pics. The governor came and spoke and stopped and took pictures with those who wanted to. Marcos of course took advantage of it and got his picture with him. Fresh Market came and brought snacks and fruit and soda for those who wanted some and stayed until 11 pm as the troops boarded the planes. Then they were given a lunch sack with more food in it. It was all donated by fresh market! I was very touched by people who served in the past but now retired who came to help and support them. Also a Motor cycle group came and held american flags  for hours and then as they boarded the planes they made a walk way out of the flags!  I have to say that I am very grateful that I will be home with my girls and I pray that we can become close and take advantage of this time together but will miss daddy Terribly! 

2 comments:

Allison said...

Jody! I hope everything is going well with Marcos being gone. Our prayers are with you!!

*DeMeLo HaPpEnInGs* said...

Ahh you are one strong Mama. Hey where in SLC are you?? Feel free to call we can hang out, take the kids out etc! You can do this. He will be back before you know it. Remember how fast the mission went by..crazy!