Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Daddy Comes Home

On March 5 th Marcos left and was sent to Virginia to change his MOS or in other terms his job with the military. His Unit sent him to Virgina to train to do supply during his deployment to Iraq. During his month long training I did a lot of thinking of how things are going to be for me while he will be deployed. Last time he was gone to basic training it was very hard for me. Having never been apart more than a few days, and with my job, keeping up the yard, the house, the laundry and etc. With Yasmin now in school and Kenadie a little older I thought this will be easier than last time. With my new position at work and the stress of Yasmin doing homework I stopped to think and pray about how we could make it work when Marcos leaves again for Iraq. The only answer I could come up with was to quit my job and be home with the girls. But knowing that Marcos' job is not enough to pay the bills I didn't not feel that to be the answer. The week before Marcos came home from Virginia I was was thinking and praying still on how this could work out. Then it came to me... we could rent out the house and I could get an apartment and we could afford to live there on his income and I could stay home with the girls. That night when Marcos called me I explained to him my feeling and he suggested that moving back in with my parents while he was gone could also be an option so I wouldn't feel so alone. We haven't worked out all the little details yet but I feel so excited that I will be able to stay home with my girls. I feel that maybe time will go faster for us and maybe I won't be as stressed out and the girls and I can enjoy our girl time together. The girls have missed daddy so much over the last month I can't imagine how much they are going to change in the next year. We are so glad he is come for a few more month!

Daddy hugging the girls for the first time in a month

3 comments:

*DeMeLo HaPpEnInGs* said...

Ahhhh so glad it is all working out!! If you need anything while he is gone let me know. :)

Wahl Family said...

Jody you and your family are in our thoughts! I know another grandma that would love to see your girls! My mom! She lives in Riverton now. Anyway just know that you are never alone. Love ya!

Dolly said...

Jody, I'm so glad you will be able to stay home with your girls. I love you, sweet girl.