Saturday, February 21, 2009

Surprise!!!

When Marcos got Home from boot camp the Army told him I f he filled out the citizenship forms and send them in the would procsses them without us having to pay for them and it might be faster. So on January 12 Marcos sent the forms to the immigration offices. Having had other friends that have been through this we didn't expect it to be done for at lest 6 months. Last Saturday Marcos got a letter in the mail stating that his Interview/ citizen test was this Friday the 20th. Wow we were shocked that was fast. SO we were thinking he would take the oath in about 1-2 months. Wow how fast. So all week he studied as much as he could for the test. Yesterday he got up early and took his parents to the airport and we met in Salt lake at the Immigration office. We went in and waited about 10 minutes before they called his name. The man took him back and I was praying he would get the easy questions. They pick 10 out of 100 questions. So when Marcos came out I asked him how it went. He teased me and said he has to come back in 1 month. Then he said no we have to go get 2 passport pictures taken. Then on our way to Costco he said and I have to come back at 1 pm......so I can take the oath! I couldn't believe it. So I called my parents and at they both were able to get off work and at 1 pm yesterday Marcos was Made a U.S. Citizen!!! I am so Proud of honey!!!

















2 comments:

*DeMeLo HaPpEnInGs* said...

Wow..you got the special treatment taking his oath and stuff. We only waited af ew weeks how ever we did have to go through the whole 2 hour long ceremony, it was cool..but how nice to have seen him take the oath with a select few instead of hundreds! So Cool!!! Congrats. Is he dual now or does Argentina not let you be a dual citizen?

Emily said...

CONGRATULATIONS! That is so exciting for your family! :)