It has almost been 10 years from the time we both finish our mission in Chile. Marcos still has the flying benefits from when he worked at sky west so we thought it would be a good idea to visit Chile. Then when Marcos' Parents wanted to come and visit we asked if they would want to watch the girls while we took a little trip. To enter into Chile for the first time we have to pay $130. per person. And now that Marcos is a U.S. citizen he had to pay that as well. So that was the main reason we wanted to leave the girls at home. As we flew to Atlanta and go there in the morning we had 6 hours to wast. Marcos has always wanted to go to the world of Coke. So with out the kids we were off on our adventure. And flying standby and going on vacation with my husband is always an adventure!! Oh did I mention that the only thing we had planned was the car rental. We Never made hotel reservation. I wanted to stay in the Holiday Inn there but when we got there the were charging $100 or more a night so the 2 night we did stay in Hotels were about $24 dollars a night. But as we learned later the "Motels" were we stayed at the people know them as how can I put this... One night stand flings. To be honest some the people houses we stayed in were scarier then the Motel and they had heat! I was Happy!!
In the streets of Atlanta
In the train terminal from the airport to the world of coke
The history of coke
An old truck and if you look close it was from Buenos Aires Argentina
This is a family the would feed us twice a week. And my last comp came from Vina to spend the weekend with us
My comp Veronica
That night we went out to dinner and laughed about old times
This Family we helped go to the temple
My husband's old area and the branch president
This was a bridge that only one car at a time could pass
Julia was a lady that my husband taught in the mission
This was an area were my husband was branch president and where we first met
Sandoval family
Talcauano
The mall
Marcos had 4 hot dogs this day and this was the biggest
Cristina was a lady I was trying to find before we left and found her one day on the street! It was a true miracle because she lived 2 hours from this city!
My husband and many other missionary lived with poor lady. Her house is on this huge hill and to get there she has to climb over 50 stairs.
This is the huge hill
This family are members look care of Marcos when he hurt his foot in the mission
This was a family that I taught and was sad to see them inactive
1 comment:
Wow Jody, what an awesome opportunity to visit your old mission! It looks like you guys had a great time. I'll bet you missed your girls but it was probably nice to have a trip with just your hubby. I can't believe it's been 10 years since your mission, seems like just yesterday I was going to your farewell & homecoming!!
Post a Comment